Why should YOU participate in TechFest?
Because this is the national festival for you! And you will gain many benefits from this festival:
– 2-day product exhibition where you can interact with thousands of potential customers and test your product-market fit.
– 1-on- 1 meeting with domestic and international investors/potential business partners, who come from various places like Silicon Valley, US; Helsinki, Finland; Melbourne, Australia; Singapore, etc.
– Inspiration from international keynote speakers, who might just be the billion-dollar startup founders you want to become in the next five years.
– Participation in various useful workshops to help you develop your businesses.
– Be on many domestic and international media channels, like Vietnam Television, E27, Techinasia, etc.
– A chance to let the world know what you’re doing – The “Discovery Stage” is where it happens. If you are chosen to pitch, our supporting experts will also provide you pitch training sessions prior to the event
Who are we looking for to SHOWCASE in TechFest?
We are looking for innovative technology-based startups that already have prototypes. Those that have yet to have a prototype, please still register. If your idea is really “awesome” and ready for investment, we still welcome you.
How do we match YOU with investors and business partners?
There are two ways for investors to match with potential startups:
# 1. Pre-booked meeting:
Basing on information provided by startups (pitch decks, industry, stage of development, etc.) and investors (investment requirement, agenda during the event), we will send an investment portfolio for investors and ask investors to choose an available time to meet up with startups in a fixed speed-dating session (during 15-20 minutes in the Investment matching rooms).
#2. Book in the event:
While listening to pitching session in the Preliminary Pitching Round of Startup Discovery Competition, if investors have interest in any startups, they can fill a form to be in the waiting list and meet startups at the event. Furthermore, investors and potential startups can also have a chance to meet up in the networking party held on 12th November.
What criteria of "Startup Discovery Contest" are these?
These are some criteria of contest:
● Innovative products/services
● Potential to growth fast basing on exploitation of intellectual property, technology and new business model.
● High financial efficiency
What regulations of "Startup Discovery Contest" are these?
There are two rounds including:
Elimination round: 100 most potential startups will battle for 10 slots in 5 fields:
Education Technology; Agriculture/ Life science; Financial technology/ E-commerce/ Mobile/ Management technology; Games/ Entertainment/ Communications; and Future technology.
2 teams in each fields will be chosen to the next round.
Format: 2-min pitching and 1-min Q&A.
Finale: 10 chosen startups with 8 proposed ones from VSV Accelerator Programme will pitch for final prize.
Format: 5-min final pitch followed by 3-min Q&A.
Which reward is for the winner?
Free ticket to participate in international startup hubs festivals like Singapore, South Korea, etc. and many more to be announced closer to the event as our talks with sponsors proceed.
How do we match YOU with potential candidates?
We are launching an online social recruitment platform (startup.mywork.com.vn) empowered by MyWork Vietnam that brings about the following benefits for startups registering in the Job Fair to find potential recruit:
● Free job posting
● Job description posted in this platform are synchronized in the website mywork.com.vn so that recruiters can have access to about 3 million potential candidates in the whole country.
● A tool for connecting and sharing between players within Vietnam's startup ecosystem.
● Receiving notifications and emails informing events and information related to startups while following the site.
Note: Startup.mywork.com.vn enables Your Startup to connect with potential candidates not only in Hanoi but also in other locations. You can also choose an option to meet them in person at the event.
What do you need to prepare to take part in 2016 TECHFEST exhibition?
You need to prepare backdrop image (size: 2.5m x 2m) and send to our email: email@example.com prior to 3th November for free printing.
Note: Booth exhibitors prepare brochure and standee, following the regulated sizes.
What are facilities in a booth at this event?
A booth includes:
– Standard booth: Height: 2.5m; Width: 2m; Depth: 1.5m
– Backdrop size in standard booth: 2.5m x 2m
– A booth consists of 1 table (1.5m) and 3 chairs.
– Maximum 2 standees in each booth.
– TV is not included in the booth. Booth exhibitors who want to rent a TV (fee: 500.000 VND/TV) should inform the service provider.